Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ideas

So, we finally got this thing up.  Kenna is going to work her magic to make it look awesome.

I've never been invited to join a book club, so here I am.  I am glad that a lot of my friends were interested in all of this.  I have to admit, I don't know what I am doing.  I just like to read and talk about books with buddies.

I have a list of books I want to read, but what about you guys?  This isn't MY book club, it's OURS.  And I am wondering how it should work.  Should we take turns picking?  Should we take a vote every month?  What will our posts be about?  Will people have "jobs" like coming up with discussion questions? Please post your comments with your thoughts about these questions, and forgive me for being a newbie!

6 comments:

  1. I've never been in a book group, unless you count Bible As Lit. I was signed up for one, though, and what they would do is have someone lead each month. That person would draw up a list of a few books with general descriptions for each book. Everyone would vote, and obviously the most popular book was chosen. I don't know how the questions went, though, because I never actually made it to a meeting. I just got all the emails. But we could do this however we all want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read it, but I hear that "The killer Angels" is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you think of this: we could all take turns picking a book and coming up with 3 discussion questions. That way we don't have to wait for votes to roll in . . . although speaking of voting, I am also fine with whatever the majority decides. I'm excited regardless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I volunteer to be the first book chooser and discusser (that sounds so intelligent). I've heard the "geography of Bliss" is awesome and i will provide some questions to everybody. maybe i can post/email everybody the book and 3 questions to ponder. Then we'll have a deadline by which everybody should have read the book and posted or commented their response/feelings on said book. i think it would be fun to have a mass chat the night of the deadline. Is that possible? Like a mass g-chat with anybody who wants to join. what do you think? We could set the deadline for the first thursday of every month at 8pm? just suggestions...I"M EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, i'm supposed to make it look awesome? cripes, i'm slow. on it..

    ReplyDelete